, we want your betting experience to be both enjoyable and profitable.
Betting should be fun but losing money that you can’t afford to lose is not much fun at all. Here at cheekybettingtips.co.uk
, we never bet more than we can afford to lose. In other words, we will only gamble with money that is left over after the essentials have been paid for.
There may be as many as 250,000 problem gamblers in the UK. The anticipation and thrill of gambling creates a natural high that can become addictive.
Signs of gambling addiction appear when gambling begins to interfere with someone’s day-to-day life. Gambling addiction can be difficult to detect but may lead to overdue bills, stealing, borrowing or selling things for extra dispensable cash.
A gambling addict may become secretive over their finances and their time spent gambling. Symptoms may also include neglecting family and personal obligations. At times, their neglect of reality can cause job loss, ruined relationships and financial or even criminal troubles.
Most bookmakers offer a Deposit Limit facility to enable you to limit the amount of money that you are able to deposit online into your account on either a daily or a weekly basis. They will also offer a self-exclusion facility to help customers that feel their gambling is out of control and want assistance to help them stop. By entering into a self-exclusion agreement, you will be prevented from using your account for a specified period.
If you are concerned about your gambling habits, please answer the following questions. The more you answer 'yes' to these questions, the more likely you are to have a serious gambling problem.
- Do you stay away from work, college or school to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you need to gamble again ASAP?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you spend gambling?
- Have others ever criticised your gambling?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or hobbies?
- After losing, do you feel you must win back your losses as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
If you believe you, or someone you know, may have a gambling problem you are strongly advised to contact GAMCARE